I know that most people think of lasagna as cool-weather meal but its my go-to when I know its going to be a busy week because its the one dish I can count on my kids looking forward to leftovers.
You can use fresh, homemade sauce for this lasagna, pull a batch out of your freezer or use your favorite jarred variety – any of it will work! Using no-boil lasagna noodles, you can easily put this together in less than 30 minutes and store in the fridge for cooking later or pop in the oven and have on the table in an 45 minutes.
- No boil lasagna noodles
- 2 lbs Rocky Hill Farm grass-fed ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, or to tastesalt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (16 ounce) ricotta cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 (25 ounce) jars tomato-basil pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the ground beef into a skillet over medium heat, add the garlic, garlic powder, oregano, salt, and black pepper to the skillet. Cook the meat, chopping it into small chunks as it cooks, until no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Drain excess grease.
- In a bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, eggs, and Parmesan cheese until thoroughly combined.
- Place noodles side by side into the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking pan; top with a layer of the tomato-basil sauce, a layer of ground beef mixture, and a layer of the cottage cheese mixture, and sprinkle with mozzerella.
- Repeat layers twice more, ending with a layer of sauce; sprinkle top with mozzarella cheese. Cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the casserole is bubbling and the cheese has melted, about 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake until cheese has begun to brown, about 10 more minutes. Allow to stand at least 10 minutes before serving.