The best recipe is sometimes the most simple recipe. Like this easy grilled Rocky Hill Farm & Beef New York strip steak recipe.
Enjoy the flavor of the grass-fed beef with just a little salt, pepper, and sear marks. It couldn’t be more simple – or delicious.
- Lightly season both sides with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Rest for 15-30 minutes (if you can wait that long).
- Place steaks on hot preheated grill (450°F to 650°F) for approximately 3 minutes per side to make sear marks with the lid open.
- Depending on thickness of steaks and desired doneness, you may also rotate the steaks about 90 degrees to form cross-hatch sear marks.
- Turn the heat down to medium and move steaks away from the direct heat, either to the warming rack or to the other side of the grill so the steak can finish cooking and close the lid.
- Check for doneness using an instant-read thermometer (130°F for rare doneness).
- Remove steaks from grill and allow to rest for at least 2 minutes on a warm plate or platter. (The steaks will continue to cook while resting and raise to approximately 140°F for medium rare.)